Saturday 9 February 2013




Me? Well, I'm just a backroom boy.



So the Americans have adapted a much loved show of mine.  House of Cards.  They threw Kevin Spacey in there which sealed the deal for me.

I hoped for 
wry comments to the camera, discreet confidences just between the two of us that would compel me to accompany him as the tale moves from an amusing political fantasy to something altogether darker. So far I have not been disappointed.

Of course Spacey is utterly hammy but so was the 
malevolent Francis Urquaht, we should hate these characters, but you can't.  You watch the tale unfoldso chillingly possible, so wicked and cunning it could be said it's a modern day Macbeth.  Well, as Francis would say, you might well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment